What’s up everybody? Today I am doing the 20 questions book tag. Found this on Jenny in Neverland‘s blog. Thought it’d be fun to do a tag all about books and reading. Check it out!
1. HOW MANY BOOKS IS TOO MANY BOOKS IN A SERIES?
Honestly? Not a big fan of many books in a series. I feel like it’s harder to jump into a story if there are 5 books before it. I’d say more than 3 books is too many, in some cases.
2. HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT CLIFFHANGERS? Love ’em. Consider me hooked if there is a compelling cliffhanger.
3. HARDCOPY OR PAPERBACK? Either one. Although hard cover is usually more expensive. I may lean towards buying paperback, cause I’m cheap.
4. FAVOURITE BOOK? There’s no way I can choose just one. Not possible. Okay. I adore the Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George. And Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern is just spectacular. For argument’s sake, let’s say those two are tied for my favorite book.
5. LEAST FAVOURITE BOOK? That’s a tough one. Do I have a least favorite? Hmm… I don’t think I have a least favorite book. I do have a least favorite short story, the Lottery. Does that count?
6. LOVE TRIANGLES, YES OR NO?
Only if the love triangle makes for an interesting story. If it’s like one girl that has to choose between like the hot biker guy and the sweet nerd guy, then it’d be cliche and I’d say no. But sure, yes to a good love triangle. Why not?
7. THE MOST RECENT BOOK YOU JUST COULDN’T FINISH?
Maybe… The Boy Detective by Roger Rosenblatt..? Sorry. It’s not you, it’s me.
8. A BOOK YOU’RE CURRENTLY READING?
Trying to tear through the giant collection of short stories by Agatha Christie. Also, I would like to start reading Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk by Kathleen Rooney very soon.
9. LAST BOOK YOU RECOMMENDED TO SOMEONE?
I always recommend Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George. That book changed my life, as crazy as that sounds.
10. OLDEST BOOK YOU’VE READ?
I had to read Le Morte D’ Arthur, which is the original King Arthur legend, for a class in college once. That’s medieval literature right there.
11. NEWEST BOOK YOU’VE READ?
I’ve been reading a lot of old books lately. Maybe…. Go Set a Watchmen by Harper Lee.
12. FAVOURITE AUTHOR?
Again, can’t pick one favorite. Ernest Hemingway, Agatha Christie, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Edgar Allen Poe, Nina George, to name a couple.
13. BUYING BOOKS OR BORROWING BOOKS?
Usually, I buy books. However, I do live close to a public library, and have borrowed books from time to time. (Support your local library, seriously)
14. A BOOK YOU DISLIKE THAT EVERYONE SEEMS TO LIKE?
Okay, I like the Great Gatsby. I do. As a reflection on an era, it is wonderful. And I understand why it is considered an American Classic. I know many people LOVE the book. While I respect and admire F. Scott Fitzgerald’s work, his writing style can be a bit flowery sometimes. I’m more of a minimalist, Hemingway fan. Sorry, don’t hate me. I like the book, I don’t love it as much as everyone else does.
15. BOOKMARKS OR DOGEARS?
Bookmarks. And if I don’t have one, I will use any scrap of paper I can find. Receipts, business cards, anything.
However, I will dogear a page that has a memorable quote that really struck me.
16. A BOOK YOU CAN ALWAYS REREAD?
Any of the Sherlock Holmes stories. I’ve reread those stories many many times.
17. CAN YOU READ WHILE HEARING MUSIC?
Don’t usually read to music. Occasionally, I will read with the T.V. on. But yeah, I think I can read while listening to music.
18. ONE POV OR MULTIPLE POVS?
Just one point of view. Sometimes a story can feel jumbled with too many perspectives. I prefer to stick with one character as a story unfolds.
19. DO YOU READ A BOOK IN ONE SITTING OR OVER MULTIPLE DAYS?
Multiple days. I applaud anyone who can just read an entire book in one sitting. Because that is like a super power.
20. ONE BOOK YOU READ BECAUSE OF THE COVER.
Witches of East End series has beautiful covers. And a great story too.
Let me know in the comments what you think of my answers. I tag you! How would you answer some of these questions?
Write with Heart,