NaNoWriMo 2019: Week Two

Hello, hello Writer Bugs.

I can’t believe we’re halfway through November already. Progress has been made. Small progress, but progress nonetheless. Better than week one, at least.

At the start of the week, I has some trouble gaining traction. My project is on one giant GoogleDoc, and it’s getting difficult to manage. I finally understand why people use story writing/plot outlining software. So, I decided to write on separate blank doc, and It helped me get past writer’s block and focus on the scenes that don’t have a definite placement in the main story yet.

As of now, I’m closing in on 10,000 words, which I will hopefully reach by the end of this weekend. That would bring up my total to 30,000. Honestly, I’m trying not to worry about word counts. I’ve written everyday this week, (gold star for Lady Jabberwocky), working on my WIP. I’ve been rewriting existing scenes for a better flow. I’ve also been creating new scenes to slow down the pace and shine a spotlight on characters and their relationships. Slowly but surely, I’ve been writing.

And lemme tell you guys, I want to edit SO BAD. I’m sticking to the writing, but man, everything needs edits. I’m still holding out until December to do revisions. Let’s see how that works out. This weekend, my boyfriend and I have a wedding Saturday and a DnD game Sunday. All fun things I’m looking forward to. But I’ll still find some time to write, fingers crossed. Maybe I’ll do some word sprints too.

How’s your NaNoWriMo project going? How are you guys holding up? Also, do you have any suggestions for story writing or outlining software? Leave a comment, I love to hear from you writer bees!

Write with Heart,

Lady Jabberwocky

5 thoughts on “NaNoWriMo 2019: Week Two

  1. This is literally my first year doing this and i just made it over the halfway point and striving to hit at least 35 to 40K by the end of the week. I hate everything I’ve written and I want to go back and edit so back but just getting through the story for me is a journey. I gotta get it all out before I go back and give it finessing and refinement.
    I’m still hating half of my writing because I’m like ‘Okay why are you being compliant right now and why is this so easy?’ Maybe I just want to get the flow of events out before I go back and rip everything to shreds.
    I’ll have to update you on my progress again! You’re inspiring me with yours! 😀

    Liked by 1 person

  2. I write in Scrivener and it’s great 80% of the time. The other 20% is frustration, but it’s better than Word. I bought Scrivener a couple years ago after a NaNoWriMo. All “winners” were eligible for a discount code. Maybe they’ll do that again this year.

    Liked by 1 person

  3. Pingback: NaNoWriMo 2019: Week Three | Lady Jabberwocky

  4. Pingback: NaNoWriMo: Week 4 (Did I Win?) | Lady Jabberwocky

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s