Hello Writer Bees!
I set some writing goals at the first week of February. Did I achieve my goals? Keep reading to find out!
WIP Novel Plans
- Add 5,000 words to total word count. – I kept adding sentences and deleting sentences so my total word count did not change too much. I couldn’t help it. I added about 3,000~ words altogether. Progress is progress!
- Change setting in one of the final scenes. (Rewrite needed) – Originally, this dramatic confrontation in the story took place at the scene of the crime. By changing the setting, it brought this unexpected plot twist. I love when your own writing surprises you.
- Give some TLC to a character. One suspect in my mystery needs work. Frankly, I don’t know if it’s me second guessing myself or not. I reworked a character and considered adding elements to make him more complex. I just don’t want him to be the “gay one“. While he might still need a bit more tweaking, it was nice to spend some quality time with a side character. Even minor characters need TLC sometimes.
- Rearrange sequence of events in the beginning. (Editing needed) – Oh boy, it was like rearranging furniture. This chunk of events in the beginning of the story felt so disjointed and bumpy. I had to find the right order of events, so things made sense. I’m still smoothing out transitions but I think I got it.
- Read a book. Literally one book. – I bought more books, but didn’t read much this month. I really need to read more.
Tune in next week for my writing goals for March.
How did your writing endeavors for the month go? Talk to me in the comments!
Write with Heart,