Hello Writer Bees!
I’m trying to make the most of lockdown. Did I reach my goals? Keep reading to find out.
- Participate in StayHomeWriMo. – Yes! Using StayHomeWriMo to reconnect with my WIP. I’ve been connecting with other writers on Twitter. I even set up a proper desk area to work in.
- Keep working on initial suspect interviews. – Yes, but pacing those introductory interactions has been tricky. (Or maybe I’m overthinking things.)
- Write a little (~200-300 words) everyday – I’ve done a bunch of freelance work this month, does that count? Regarding my WIP, I haven’t written everyday, but I have been writing. Note to self: Figure out work/writer balance.
- Brainstorm new scenes. – I have, actually. I’m brainstorming scenes that my WIP needs as opposed to meaningless fluff just to bump the word count up. Letting those creative juices flow while on lockdown.
- Read entire first draft. – I’m reading through my first draft and taking notes. By taking a step back and looking at the whole picture, it’s helped my writer’s block and showed me what I need to work on plot wise.
What do you guys think of my goals? And what are your writing plans for this month? Talk to me in the comments!
Write with Heart,