Hello Writer Bees!
July was a rough month. Did I reach my goals? Keep reading to find out.
If you’d like, take a look at my June and last month’s recap.
- Write 200-300 words a day. – Well, I wrote more than usual this month. Not everyday though. However, I learned that smaller daily goals work better for me than larger weekly goals. That’s helpful to know moving forward.
- More research on 1920s (to help with descriptions). – Yeah, I’ve done some research, making sure things are historically accurate as possible. Also, found some sweet references on the 1920s. I will continue to research more about the time period.
- Tweak character profiles. – Creating complex characters is my main goal in writing. So, the suspects of my mystery WIP all got some TLC this month. Adding little backstory details and distinct personality traits made them feel more realistic.
- Write a short story for the blog. – I did not. Wish I did though.
- Read a new book. (Maybe Doyle’s A Study in Scarlet) – You got to hand it to Doyle for writing the dynamic duo of detective fiction. That story gave me ideas on how I introduce my two sleuths.
- Keep reading over draft. – My WIP is all garbage, but I kept reading. Found a bunch of sentences to cut out. Found more places that need work. I have a long way to go before it’s even close to perfect.
Do small or large word count goals work better for you? How did your writing endeavors go this month? Talk to me in the comments!
Write with Heart,